Happy Monday everyone!!!
(Said no one ever)
Except with these pancakes in your belly it very much will be a happy Monday! These pancakes are one of my favorite go-to recipes during weeks where I know I’ll be super busy and will need quick breakfast options becauseeeeee what you can do is whip up a big batch of these guys on Sunday and throw ’em in the fridge and then whenever you want one (or one fat stack) you just throw ’em in the toaster and viola! Instant mouthwatering-ly tasty healthy pancakes! No more need for frozen toaster pancakes or waffles that are full of junk ingredients like sugars and preservatives. You really can’t beat that.
ALSO. These sneaky little devils have all the health benefits of any breakfast you could ever dream up.
- You’ve got your oats in there which are a whole grain, healthy source of carbs that are rich in fiber, antioxidants, vitamins, minerals, protein, and so many other nutrients AKA they are going to give you loads of sustainable energy all day long (and also keep you feeling fuller longer so you don’t have to resort to a mid-morning snack).
- You’ve got your bananas which contain loads of potassium AKA a powerful electrolyte which helps maintain the balance between acids and bases in the body and is KEY in maintaining healthy muscles and bones as well as fighting fatigue and regulating your blood pressure.
- Egg whites. Egg whites are just incredible. They contain TONS of protein while being super low in calories, fat, and cholesterol PLUS they’re loaded with a bajillion crucial vitamins and minerals essential to healthy living.
- Last but not least, we’ve got some cinnamon in there. Cinnamon is one of my favorite spices because besides adding a unique sweet-spicy flavor to whatever you put it in, it’s packed with antioxidants which help fight off damage caused by free radicals and it’s great for fighting inflammation.
So basically if you want the easiest, healthiest, tastiest breakfast ever that lasts you all week, then this is the recipe for you. I GOTCHU. Enjoy 🙂
Easy 7-Ingredient Flourless Banana Pancakes
- 2 ripe bananas
- ¾ cup organic free-range egg whites
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 1 ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 1 tsp baking soda
- pinch sea salt
- Maple syrup and fresh fruit to add on top (I personally LOVE strawberries with this recipe)
- Add all ingredients except for the maple syrup and fresh fruit to a blender and blend until everything is just combined.
- Meanwhile, heat up a non-stick griddle over medium heat.
- Pour your batter on to the griddle in about 1/3 – ½ cup sized amounts.
- Cook each pancake until the top looks bubbly and firm. Flip and cook for about 45 more seconds on the other side, or until you feel the pancakes is cooked throughout.
- Remove from the griddle and top with maple syrup and fresh fruit. Enjoy! * You can store these pancakes in the fridge for up to 5 days or the freezer for 3 months and then just pop one in the toaster whenever you want it!