It’s now day two of my 7-day sugar detox and I’m doing okay! No cravings or withdrawals really which has been nice, especially for those around me because I can get pretty cranky sometimes when I want to eat something I can’t have…
BUT, I’m pretty sure I found a secret to reducing my sugar cravings.
You ready for this?!
Iiiiiiiiiittttt’sssssss…. ELLIE’S BEST NUT MILK BAG!!!!
Bailey. What the actual F is a nut milk bag? Okay so I wasn’t really familiar with the process of making nut milks until recently (which is weird that I had never delved into that topic with the amount of cashew milk I consume on the reg) when I learned about Ellie’s Best Nut Milk Bags. Making nut milk is actually like super duper easy? All you have to do is throw your nuts and whatever other flavors you want in some filtered water, soak it, blend it up, and then squeeze it through this lil’ gem of a bag and VOILA the freshest and tastiest nut milk you’ve ever had in your entire life.
Annnddddd, the best part about making your own is that you can control what you put into your drink! No added sugars or preservatives? That’s what I’m talking about people! Take back control of what you’re putting into your beautiful bodies!
AND!!!! I need to stop starting paragraphs off with “and” so much, but really I just keep thinking of more and more great stuff! You don’t even have to limit yourself to nut milk with this bad boy! I’m talking coconut milk, cold brew coffee, fresh squeezed juice, and so much more. I’ll keep posting more recipes as I experiment more and more. Oh, and there’s no waste here either. That pulp you just squeezed the life out of? Ya, dry that ish up and turn it into flour. Or make it into vegan cheese. Or add it to hummus. The possibilities are endless!!
So since I love my nut bag so much and love you guys equally as much, I’ve teamed up with Ellie’s Nut Milk Bags to get you 10% off your entire purchase by using the discount code “bitesbybai”. You guys. This is life changing. Take advantage while you can. And enjoy this delicious, thirst-quenching, treat of a drink!
Creamy Sugar and Dairy Free Horchata
- 1 cup brown rice, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup raw blanched almonds
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 4 cups filtered water
- Additional cinnamon to sprinkle on top
- Add the brown rice, almonds, cinnamon sticks, and water to a container and soak for at least 6 hours.
- Once your mixture is done soaking, add it all to a high-powered blender. Add in the vanilla extract then blend until you have a relatively smooth, pulpy liquid.
- Pour the contents of the blender into your Ellie’s Best Nut Milk Bag (or you could use a cheese cloth) and squeeze out the liquid as best as you can.
- Serve your horchata over ice with a dash of cinnamon on top.
- Store your horchata in the fridge for up to a week.
* Also, save your pulp and throw it on a pan in the oven at 170 degrees F to dry it out, then throw it back in a blender and you have yourself some horchata flour!