Do you ever go to the doctor and you get called in right away so you think,”nice maybe this won’t take a million years,” but then you sit in the room for like 10 years waiting for the doc to come in? Yeah, that’s me right now. And I may or may not be absolutely starving.
So I thought “what better way to ease my hunger pangs than looking at pictures of food?” Mayyyyybe not my best idea hehe BUT some good did come out of it because I stumbled across this beauty of a salad that I made for Thanksgiving and totally forgot to share the recipe with you guys!!!!
This bad boy is SO EASY, takes two seconds to whip up, and look at it. It’s red and green. Did someone say perfect Christmas party food?!? I think yes!!!!! Surprise all your friends, family, and/or co-workers with a fresh dose of health and deliciousness with this festive little number.
Ope, doc just got here I gotta go. Make the salad you won’t regret it!!!!!
Fresh and Festive Shaved Brussels Sprout Salad
- 4 cups shaved brussels sprouts
- 1/2 cup pomegranate seeds
- 1/4 cup pine nuts
- zest of 1 lemon
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup lemon juice
- 1 tsp raw honey
- pinch of salt and pepper to taste
- Add your brussels, pomegranate seeds, pine nuts, and lemon zest to a bowl and set aside.
- Add your olive oil, lemon juice, honey, salt, and pepper to a blender and blend until fully mixed (I usually stick it in my magic bullet for about 10 seconds).
- Add the dressing to the salad and toss. Enjoy!!