Napoleon, make yourself a dang quesadilla!!!
I don’t think Napoleon’s grandma had this quesadilla in mind when she said that, but she should’ve because this is basically the best quesadilla of all time andddd it’s cheeseless so all my dairy-free peeps out there can rejoice right now! The flavor combo in here is a party in yo mouth in every bite, not to mention all the nutrients you’re getting. You’ve got your complex carbs, grains, leafy greens, lean protein, healthy fats, and so much more. Talk about a complete meal, y’all.
I shall dub this the ultimate adult quesadilla.
So all the stuffings for this here quesadilla would taste delicious on their own in a bowl, but there’s just something magical about squishing it all between two delicious, crispy, warm tortillas that gives it that extra oomph, ya know? And who woulda thunk pesto would taste so good in a quesadilla!? But really pesto on anything tastes good so really not that surprised.
OK now I’m just rambling because hungry so I’m gonna go eat one of these right now. Who’s with me?
Dairy Free Turkey Pesto Quesadilla AKA The Ultimate Adult Quesadilla
- Heat a large skillet over medium heat. Once it’s hot, add your ground turkey and cook, while stirring occasionally, until it’s fully cooked throughout. Drain and set aside.
- Clean your skillet out and heat it again over medium heat. Add the coconut oil and sweet potato. Cook, while stirring occasionally, until the sweet potato is just about tender (about 5-7 minutes).
- Add the chopped kale to the sweet potato and cook while stirring until the kale is wilted and the sweet potato is tender (1-2 minutes more).
- Remove from heat and set aside.
- Decide whether you want to make half-quesadillas or whole quesadillas and divide your ingredients accordingly. Start by spreading the pesto on the tortilla then add the ground turkey, sweet potato, and kale. Fold over the other half of the tortilla (if you’re making halves) or place another tortilla on top and press down to make it stick.
- Clean out your skillet and heat it over medium-low heat.
- Add one quesadilla to the skillet and cook until slightly browned on one side (about 45 seconds), then flip and repeat on the other side.
- Repeat for the remaining quesadillas.
- Once all quesadillas have been cooked, slice them and serve. Enjoy!