Every time my basil plant is out of control (which is about once a week cuz it grows so freakin’ fast), I always tell myself I’m going to come up with some exciting new use for it. But then I think about how addicted I am to this pesto and go back to it every time hehe. Honestly though, how could you go wrong with fresh basil, pine nuts, and olive oil? Such an elite combo. Anddd it only takes a couple minutes to throw together, then the food-portunities are ENDLESS!!!! You could go pasta, pizza, sandwich, chicken, or literally anything you want because it goes so good with all food (k maybe not like smoothies, but you get the point). Enjoy, my pesto peeps!
Bailey’s Best Dairy Free Pesto
- ½ cup pine nuts
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup hemp hearts
- ¼ cup nutritional yeast
- 1/3 cup extra virgin olive oil
- a pinch each of salt and pepper
- a splash of water (until desired consistency is reached)
- Combine all ingredients in a food processor and pulse until well combined and creamy.
- Store in an airtight container in the fridge for up to 1 week.