Well everyone, it’s November. We all know what that means.
Cons: It’s cold. It’s dark. The driving is treacherous.
Pros: HOLIDAY FOOD SZN BABYYYYY!!!!
So obviously the pros outweigh the cons here. And I’ve decided to get a headstart on healthifying all my holiday faves this year by starting with this classic. I don’t know why, but cutting sweet potatoes in thin slices makes them taste so much better than just your average joe sweet potato. Actually, strike that. I know exactly why it tastes better. Because all that yummy maple cinnamon flavor sinks down into those slices while they’re baking and makes every last bite the most delicious celebration of happiness your tongue could ever possibly wish for.
The holidays don’t have to be a time of constant unhealthy eating. Make them delicious AND nutritious this year with these dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free Cinnamon Maple Hasselback Sweet Potatoes! Enjoy my loves, happy holiday season!!!!
Maple Cinnamon Hasselback Sweet Potatoes
- 4 small/medium sweet potatoes
- 1 ½ Tbsp unrefined virgin coconut oil, melted
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- ½ tsp of: cinnamon, salt, pepper
- 1 Tbsp fresh chopped sage
- Pre-heat your oven to 425 degrees F.
- Scrub your sweet potatoes, then pat them dry so they’re nice and clean.
- Place a sweet potato between two chopsticks (this will keep you from cutting all the through the potato) and slice it into thin slices, leaving about 1/4 inch at the bottom of the sweet potato. Repeat until each sweet potato is sliced.
- Mix together the coconut oil, maple syrup, and spices. Rub the mixture all over the sweet potatoes, getting in between each slice as well as possible.
- Place the sweet potatoes in a greased or foil-lined baking sheet and roast for 45 minutes to 1 hour, or until tender and crisp.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5-10 minutes. Serve with the chopped sage sprinkled on top.