Anyone out there ever struggle to come up with quick, healthy, satisfying dessert options on the fly? You know, it’s after dinner and you’re just craaaaving something to make that ever so annoying sweet tooth stop complaining, but you don’t wanna put in much effort and you don’t wanna throw away a day of good eating and maybe a good workout. Well guess what.
This mug cake, you guys. Let me tell you. It’s a game changer. All you need are 7 ingredients that you for sure have lying around the house, a mug, a microwave, 3 minutes, and a fork. Or your fingers. Whatever floats your boat.
It’s all natural, super healthy, quick, easy, and it’ll make you AND that nagging sweet tooth happy. K I’m done hyping this up now you gotta go make it and see for yourself! Happy Friday and you’re welcome.
The EASIEST Banana Chocolate Chip Mug Cake
- ½ mashed ripe banana
- 1 small egg
- 1 tbsp raw honey
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup organic whole wheat flour (adjust accordingly so batter isn’t too dry)
- ½ tsp baking powder
- 2 tbsp dark chocolate chips
- In a mug, mash your banana with a fork then add the egg, honey, and vanilla extract and mix thoroughly with your fork.
- Add the remaining ingredients and combine until a nice, thick but smooth batter forms.
- Microwave for 45 seconds and remove to check done-ness. You’re looking for a firm, cake-like top that springs back into place when you press it. If it hasn’t reached this point yet, keep microwaving in 15—20 second increments until done (microwave times vary so much depending on mug size and microwave power).
- Remove and let cool for a couple minutes then enjoy!