Somehow I had never had the pleasure of eating tortellini soup in my life up until this point, but if you are like I was, do yourself a favor and make this RIGHT NOW. Like, don’t even wait for dinner tonight. It’s that life changing. This guy is the perfect winter warm up soup AND it’s got your protein, greens, carbs, and broth so it’s basically a superfood supermeal all packed into one 20 minute soup recipe! No dairy or sugar here either so basically this is the greatest soup of all time. Enjoy my peeps!
Creamy Coconut Tomato Tortellini Soup
- ¼ cup virgin coconut oil
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 2 Tbsp coconut flour
- 2 cups chicken broth
- 1 can coconut milk
- 1 28 oz. can crushed tomatoes
- 1 28 oz can diced tomatoes
- salt and pepper to taste
- organic chicken tortellini (or whatever kind floats your boat)
- 2 cups chopped kale
- 1-2 Tbsp fresh chopped basil
- Heat a large pot over medium heat until hot. Add coconut oil and allow it to melt. Add the onion and cook while stirring for about 5-7 minutes, or until tender.
- Add the coconut flour and stir until no lumps remain.
- Add the chicken broth, coconut milk, crushed tomatoes, and diced tomatoes and stir to combine. Season to taste with salt and pepper then bring to a boil.
- Once boiling, add the tortellini and cook while stirring occasionally for about 6-7 minutes. Just before the tortellini are ready, add in the kale and cook for another minute or two, or until it’s wilted.
- Remove from the heat and serve garnished with fresh basil. Enjoy!