I’m slowly realizing that with the amount of breakfast recipes I post I probbbbably should’ve just been a breakfast blog instead of all meals, but whatever, who doesn’t love breakfast? Especially pancakes.
I could probs eat different versions of pancakes for every meal the rest of my life. Seriously. They’re so freaking versatile. Between the flavor of the pancakes themselves to the limitless toppings options, the pancakes are endless! The limit dos not exist (Mean Girls reference for all my chick flick fans out there). I aspire to try as many new pancake combinations as possible in my time on this planet.
So, what’s so great about these pancakes? WELL. Let me tell ya. They areeeeeeeeee:
- gluten free (duh)
- dairy free
- refined sugar free
- you don’t even have to mix anything, just dump everything in a blender
- 5 ingredients
- made of real, whole foods
- TASTY AS HELL
- also healthy as hell, you’re welcome
K so now that I’ve convinced you to try these magical pancakes, please go ahead and do so right now. And have a spectacular Wednesday!!!
Gluten Free Maple Walnut Banana Pancakes
- 1 ripe banana
- ¾ cup gluten free rolled oats
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 1 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp maple extract
- chopped banana, blueberries, walnuts, and/or maple syrup to top!
- Add 1 banana, rolled oats, eggs, baking soda, and maple extract to a blender and blend until smooth.
- Heat a skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat and pour approximately 1/3-½ cup sized amounts of the batter onto the skillet and let cook until the tops of the pancakes are pretty bubbly (about 2 minutes).
- Flip the pancakes and cook until the pancakes firm up a bit, about another 1-2 minutes.
- Remove from the griddle/pan and top with fresh banana, blueberries, walnuts, and/or maple syrup. Enjoy!