K any of you out there who say you aren’t dessert people are straight up lying cuz dessert is life. There’s nothing I love more than a healthified dessert, which is why I’ve been making this Healthy Maple Cinnamon Pecan Apple Crumble (plus a lil scoop of coconut nice cream for funsies) on repeat instead of crushing apple pies this holiday season.
SO FREAKIN EASY AND DELICIOUS PEOPLE!!! Not to mention it’s dairy, gluten, and refined-sugar free!!! AND it’s basically just like eating some apple and oatmeal. So break out your apples and get to chopping because you’re about to be hooked on this holiday season staple. Enjoy!!!
Healthy Maple Cinnamon Pecan Apple Crumble
- 3 apples, cored and diced (I like using Macintosh apples)
- 2 tsp tapioca starch
- 2 tsp cinnamon
- 1 cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup almond flour
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- 2 tbsp maple syrup
- 1 tbsp melted coconut oil
- 1 tsp maple extract
- Bites By Bai Dairy-Free Coconut Nice Cream to scoop on top (optional)
- Pre-heat your oven to 350 degrees F and grease a 9-inch pie tin with coconut oil (or your oil of choice).
- In a medium sized bowl, add your apples, tapioca starch, and 2 tsp cinnamon. Mix together until all your apples are coated and then spread in the bottom of the pie tin.
- Mix together your oats, almond flour, pecans, ½ tsp cinnamon, maple syrup, coconut oil, and maple extract. Then, press it lightly on top of your apples.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, or until top is firm and golden.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 10 minutes until serving. Serve with a scoop of coconut nice cream (optional).