Ok so I absolutely DIE for a good BLT, but as I get older I find that the more bread I eat, the less my joints work. Sounds weird, but I’m telling you every time I eat bread I ache in my knees and all the places where I’ve broken bones.
So naturally, like I do with most things that don’t make me feel great, I decided to do something about it and create a BREAD-LESS breakfast BLT that’s just as amazing and delicious and easy but doesn’t make me feel like a 100 year old woman.
And the best part about this is it’s so freakin easy to make! You don’t even need to eat it as a sandwich. Chop up those tomatoes and eat it as a breakfast bowl! The deliciousness is endless. So next time you’re craving a BLT and have 10 minutes to spare, make this bad boy. You’ll thank me later.
The Bread-less Breakfast BLT
- 1 beefsteak tomato, sliced into about 1/2 inch slices
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- 2 slices bacon, cut into smaller pieces
- 1/2 avocado, sliced
- salt and pepper to taste
- Heat a pan over medium heat. Once hot, add your bacon and cook, flipping occasionally, until crispy.
- Remove the bacon pieces to a paper towel and add the eggs to the same pan with bacon grease. Scramble the eggs and stir occasionally until the eggs are cooked.
- Layer your eggs, bacon, and avocado onto your tomato “buns,” season with salt and pepper, and enjoy!