I LOVE oat flour.
I’ve been using it as a flour substitute for absolutely errrythang lately from Banana Pancakes to Dark Chocolate Dipped Peanut Butter Oatmeal Cookies to Dairy and Gluten Free Maple Glazed Donuts. Not to mention some recipes coming soon like Pumpkin Spice Donut Holes and Oatmeal Raisin Cookie Dough Balls (stay tuned for these bad boys).
I love the oat-y, nutty flavor that oat flour gives to things, but what makes it even better is how freakin’ healthy it is for you! Oats are packed with fiber, healthy carbs, a surprising amount of protein, and tons of other nutrients. Andddddd, it takes your body longer to break down oats which:
1. Helps you feel fuller longer
2. Won’t spike your blood glucose levels
3. Will give you long-lasting energy throughout your day
So yeah, I’m a big oat fan.
So why not use oat flour for everything?! AND you don’t need to be buying already made out flour from the stores because all they’re doing is jacking up prices for some blended up oats. No thanks. Just make your own!! It takes two seconds and all you need is a blender.
YOU GOT THIS.
And don’t forget to tag me in all your oat flour creations so I can try them too!!!! Have a lovely Monday y’all.
Quick and Easy Homemade Oat Flour
- 4 cups organic old-fashioned rolled oats (gluten free if you’d like)
- Add your whole oats to a high-powered blender or food processor and blend until your oats are a fine powder.
- This step is optional: If your blender isn’t super high-powered or you see little oat chunks in your flour, you can pass your oat flour through a fine sieve.
- Store the fine oat flour in an airtight container and store the chunks that your sieve catches in a separate container (hint: you can use these to make delicious instant oats!)