Hey guys! Comin’ atcha from the Vancouver airport while I wait out a three and a half hour layover here. TBH really wish airports had gyms for times like these. Seriously, who can I contact to make that happen because it would be such a game changer!!!
But before I go off on a tangent about the lack of airport gyms, let me get to the point. I’m sitting here eating some soggy oatmeal trying not to be too unhealthy during this day of travel, but all I can think about are these bomb grain-free chorizo breakfast tacos I made the other day for breakfast.
I’ve been loving getting back to eating all my fave stuff that I used to indulge in all the time before I started avoiding processed grains since I discovered cassava flour, soooo since I’ve been making tons of cassava flour tortillas I knew I had to get the taco train rolling!
Also, I found this amazing little authentic Mexican grocery store (FINALLY) that sells little packages of the BEST ground chorizo with nothing but organic pork and spices in it. AMAZING.
Grain-free tortillas + delicious spicy chorizo = heaven.
No joke people. I love breakfast but sometimes I get stuck in the usual oatmeal, scrambled eggs, pancakes routine because they’re what first comes to mind. But THIS. Oh wow. This has been coming to mind first ever since I made it.
It’s so easy too! Just make sure you’re getting good quality chorizo that doesn’t have a bunch of crazy additives in it because that’s where this could turn from healthy to gut turmoil in a hurry. Anyways, I gotta run and go catch my flight! Enjoy!
Grain-Free Spicy Chorizo Breakfast Tacos
- 1 cup good quality organic ground chorizo
- ½ tsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 4 free-range organic eggs
- 1 tomato, diced
- ½ cup black beans
- 2 Tbsp fresh guacamole
- salt, pepper, and chopped green onions to garnish
- 2 cassava flour tortillas
- Heat a pan or skillet over medium heat and add your ground chorizo. Stir while cooking until it’s fully cooked.
- Meanwhile, heat another pan over medium heat and add your coconut oil. Once the pan is hot, crack your eggs into the pan and scramble them, stirring until fully cooked.
- Add half the chorizo, beans, eggs, tomato, and guacamole to one of your cassava flour tortillas and then repeat for the second tortilla. Garnish with salt, pepper, and green onions and enjoy!