This recipe goes out to all of you cabbage roll lovers out there who are a bit intimidated (or just plain too lazy) to make actual cabbage rolls but love the taste. It’s SO simple to make, requires no cabbage rolling (which is very intimidating), and isn’t a mess to eat at all. How could you go wrong?
Lazy Healthified Cabbage Rolls
- 1 lb. lean organic ground turkey
- 1 Tbsp avocado oil
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 small yellow onion, diced
- 1 green pepper, diced
- 2 Tbsp diced jalapeno pepper
- 1 ½ cups bone broth
- ½ cup water
- 1 cup tomato sauce
- 1 cup diced tomato
- ¼ cup raisins
- salt and pepper to taste
- 1 head cabbage, chopped and core removed
- 1 cup brown rice
- Chopped green onions to garnish
- Heat a dutch oven or large pot over medium heat. Add avocado oil.
- Meanwhile, add 1 ½ cups water and your rice to a pot and bring to a boil. Reduce heat to a simmer, cover, and cook until the rice absorbs all the water. Remove from heat and let sit covered for another 5 minutes.
- Once avocado oil is hot, add the ground turkey and stir while cooking until it’s cooked throughout.
- Add the garlic, onion, green pepper, and jalapeno pepper and saute while stirring for about a minute.
- Add the bone broth, water, tomato sauce, diced tomatoes, raisins, salt, and pepper. Cover, reduce heat to low, and simmer for about 25 minutes.
- Add the cabbage and cook until tender (about 5 minutes).
- Once the cabbage is tender, remove from the heat and serve over rice with green onions for garnish. Enjoy!