Gaaaahhhhhhhhh I love oats so much. I could eat them every day. But then again, I could say that about just about every breakfast food because I just love breakfast more than just about anything else on this planet.
Seriously though, what’s not to love about oats?
- They’re freakin delicious.
- They’re versatile. You can add just about anything to oats to flavor it and it always works.
- They’re easy as pie (apple pie, in this case hehe) to make.
- They can be gluten free, are loaded with fiber, vitamins, minerals, and antioxidants, and are a good whole grain source of carbs AKA they’re one of the most nutrient-dense foods evaaaaa.
- Because they’re so fiber and nutrient dense, they help you stay fuller longer so you’re not having to snack unnecessarily throughout the day.
- Did I mention they’re delicious?
Okay are you all geared up for some oatmeal now?! Go get yourself some cinnamon, an apple, and some oats and in less than 10 minutes you’ll be thanking me big time. Enjoy!
10-Minute Cinnamon Apple Pie Oatmeal
- 1 cup organic gluten-free rolled oats
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 1 tsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 organic apple, sliced thinly (I used Gala)
- 1 tsp Ceylon cinnamon
- 1 tsp coconut sugar
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 2 Tbsp unsweetened cashew milk
- chopped walnuts
- maple syrup to drizzle on top (optional)
- In a medium-sized pot, bring 2 cups of water to a boil. Once boiling, add oats and the cinnamon stick and reduce heat to medium, stirring occasionally until the oats have fully absorbed all the water and are fully cooked.
- Once they’re done, remove them from the heat and discard the cinnamon stick. Stir in the vanilla extract and cashew milk.
- Meanwhile heat a pan over medium-low heat and add your coconut oil.
- Once the coconut oil is heated, add your thin apple slices, cinnamon, and coconut sugar. Stir to combine and cook while stirring occasionally until the apple slices are tender (about 3-5 mins).
- Pour half of the oatmeal into a bowl and serve with half of the apples, some chopped walnuts, and maple syrup if you like things sweet (I personally do). Enjoy!