Happy 4th of July Y’all!!!!
I may not be in the motherland at the moment, but I will still be celebrating my country of birth by eating patriotic AF food. Soooo I got to thinking about what I could possibly make using red, white, and blue foods and automatically I thought “BERRIES!!!!”
My fave. Berries. Always.
Berries are so great because they’re low in calories, high in antioxidants and nutrients, and they’re ohhhhhh so sweet and tasty in da tummy (the best part). AND, in this case, there’s so many red and blue berries!!!! You could realistically sub pretty much any red or blue berry of your choosing instead of raspberries and bluebs, but they’re my two favorites so that’s why I went with them. They also get kindof mushy when you mix everything together which creates sort of a jam texture which adds some deliciousness to this recipe. Uhhhh YUM!
This recipe is also literally easier than breathing (ok maybe not breathing, but pretty darn close) to make so if you’re having a bunch of people over and have no idea what to serve them for breakfast, a snack, or dessert, this is PERFECT PEOPLE!!! Literally just go to Costco (AKA the most magical place on earth), grab a couple tubs of berries and some bananners, a little granola and honey and maybe a bit of nut butter and you’re golden. Throw it all together and BOOM instant patriotic sweet treat that’s also healthy for you.
SO. I will leave you at that. I hope you all have a very fun, very SAFE (seriously people, don’t be messing around with fireworks blowing hands off n’ stuff), very delicious 4th of July. Enjoy!!
Patriotic Red, White, and Blueberries Bowl
- 2 large bananas, sliced
- 1 cup organic raspberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup organic blueberries, rinsed and drained
- 1 cup of your favorite gluten free granola
- 2-3 Tbsp all-natural peanut butter
- 2 Tbsp raw organic honey
- dark chocolate chips (optional)
- Place a quarter of the sliced bananas and berries in each bowl and top with a quarter of the granola. Drizzle a quarter of the peanut butter and honey on top. Sprinkle some dark chocolate chips on top if you would like. Enjoy!