Living in a house with your boyfriend’s parents can cause confusion at times. Like, for example, when you’re out of bananas so everyone unknowingly goes out and buys bananas and you end up with 238479287350 bananas in the house.
But that’s not necessarily all bad because out of all those bananas came this recipe of absolute amazingness. Not only does this recipe use up some overripe nanners, BUT it’s also dairy free, gluten free, and refined sugar free people!!!!! It doesn’t get much better than that! And it tastes bombbbbbb. So bomb. I had trouble falling asleep last night because I was so excited to eat more of this today. There’s zero chance this loaf makes it through a full day.
And one of the best parts about this banana bread is that it’s made with all natural ingredients. Oat flour. Coconut sugar. Cashew milk. All that equals not only happy taste buds, but a happy tummy and that means a happy mind and body.
Okay I can’t talk anymore my thoughts are just consumed with eating more of this banana bread soooo I gotta go. Make some right now so you can experience this deliciousness with me!!!!
Dairy and Gluten-Free Date Walnut Banana Bread
- 1 large organic free-range egg
- ¾ cup mashed bananas (+ a couple extra slices to put on top)
- heaping ½ cup organic coconut sugar
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- 2 cups gluten-free oat flour
- 2 tsp baking soda
- ½ tsp cinnamon
- ½ cup unsweetened cashew milk
- ¾ cup chopped medjool dates
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F. line a 9 x 5 loaf pan with parchment paper or spray with coconut oil and set aside.
- In a large bowl, combine the egg, mashed bananas, coconut sugar, and vanilla extract.
- In a separate bowl, whisk together the oat flour, baking soda, and cinnamon.
- Add the dry ingredients to the wet ingredients and mix until just combined.
- Add the cashew milk in slowly while mixing until you achieve a nice batter-like consistency. Then fold in the dates and walnuts (saving a few to sprinkle on top).
- Pour the batter into your prepared bread pan and if you’d like you can press some additional banana slices into the top and sprinkle on the remaining dates and walnuts.
- Bake for about 30-35 minutes.
- Remove from the oven and allow to cool before removing it from the pan. Slice and enjoy!