*Sitting here waiting for Vitamix to sponsor me because I basically only eat smoothie bowls and nice cream*
Seriously though. The healthy dessert combinations you can make with some frozen fruit and toppings are ENDLESS!!!! When I first became intolerant to dairy I immediately mourned the loss of ice cream (previously one of my all-time favorite foods) BUT now that I have my Vitamix (or any high-powered blender works), I think I like smoothie bowls and nice cream even more than real ice cream if that’s even possible!
Just think about it. You’ve made it to tonight. You had a delicious, healthy dinner. You’ve had a good day of exercise. You’re sitting on the couch watching Wild, Wild Country (okay so you’re probably not all watching what I’m watching on Netflix right now, but if you like documentaries I strongly recommend giving this one a try!). You’re craving dessert. Do you:
- Undo all your healthy progress from the day by giving in to ice cream and having a bowl full of cream and sugar that will cause all sorts of health problems for you ORRRRRRRRR
- Whip up a quick bowl of banana nice cream with Healthified Reese’s Crumbles on top?
Option 2 DUHHHHHHHHH!!! Nothing bad’s going to come to your body from a bowl of bananas, peanut butter, and dark chocolate. Nope. Nada. You’re actually going to get tons of vitamins and nutrients. Instead of having a heavy, crappy feeling in your stomach you’ll feel light as a feather and be ready to binge a million episodes!
So boycott the ice cream cravings and break out the blenders!!!! And enjoy your healthy guilt-free dessert.
Banana Nice Cream with Healthified Reese’s Crumbles
- 3 frozen bananas
- 6 ice cubes
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- dash vanilla extract
- ½ Tbsp raw honey
- 3 Bites By Bai’s Healthified Reese’s Eggs, crumbled (or you can drizzle peanut butter and add chocolate chips as a substitute)
- Add all ingredients except for the Healthified Reese’s Eggs to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth and creamy. At this point you can either transfer straight to a bowl or place in the freezer for a bit to harden up and then you can scoop it out into a bowl.
- Crumble the Reese’s Eggs on top (or drizzle peanut butter and chocolate chips on top) and enjoy!