Okay normally I would start you guys off with some witty intro to get you hooked, but I’m RAVENOUS and I think no intro is needed for this drool-worthy bowl of deliciousness.
Who doesn’t love a good yellow curry? Especially when it’s combined with the smooth, subtle nuttiness of cashews and the creaminess of coconut milk. OOH BABY this combo is gold.
Okay all you you who don’t get enough veggies in every day raise your hand. Pretty much all of you? Yep, same. That’s what I love about this curry! It’s absolutely LOADED with veggies so you’re sure to get all those vitamins and minerals in for the day plusssss we’ve got your healthy fats from the coconut milk and cashews and protein from da shrimpies! Serve it over some wild rice for some healthy carbs and voila! One complete, healthy meal.
So next time you’re struggling to get your veggies in or just want to trick your kids into eating veggies break out this bad boy and nobody will be disappointed!
Creamy Coconut Cashew Yellow Curry with Shrimp
- 1 cup wild rice
- 1 Tbsp organic virgin coconut oil
- 1 sweet potato, cut into chunks
- 3 large carrots, peeled and chopped
- 1 cup brussels sprouts, chopped
- 1 tsp turmeric powder
- Pinch of salt and pepper
- ½ cup raw cashews
- 1 ½ cup cooked, peeled, and de-veined shrimp
- Chopped cilantro for garnish
- 1 ½ cup coconut milk
- 1/3 cup cashew butter
- ¼ cup yellow curry paste
- Bring 4 cups of water to a boil. Reduce to a simmer and add your rice. Cook covered for 30 minutes and then remove from heat and allow to sit for 30 minutes.
- Meanwhile, heat a large skillet over medium heat. Add the coconut oil. Once the pan is hot and the coconut oil is melted, add the sweet potato, carrots, brussels sprouts, and turmeric powder, salt, and pepper. Cook while stirring occasionally until they begin to soften (appx. 10-12 minutes).
- While the veggies are cooking, add all the sauce ingredients to a bowl and whisk together to combine. Set aside.
- Add the cashews to the veggies and continue to cook while stirring occasionally for another 5-8 minutes or until everything is tender.
- Add the shrimp and cook for another minute.
- Add your sauce and bring to a simmer. Simmer while stirring for another 2 minutes.
- Remove from the heat and serve over rice with a sprinkle of cilantro on top. Enjoy!