Yesterday I realized that I hadn’t been eating nearly enough pancakes lately. I’ve been on such a scrambled egg kick these past couple of months that I had completely forgotten about one of my favorite breakfast foods of all time!
So after running 4.5 miles yesterday (currently training for a 10k for some unknown reason because I am a terrible runner), I thought to myself “GIRL. You just killed it. Your body is starving. You go get dem pancaakkkeeesssss!!!” But after a nice training session like that, I DEF wasn’t going to go negate all my hard work by putting some unhealthy pancakes in this bod. No no no. I have the healthy food tools in my tool belt and I used those tools to make some mighty delicious and well-deserved fluffy banana pancakes. And yes, this recipe makes 6 pancakes. And yes, I did eat them all myself. Normally, however, I would recommend splitting them with another person because i was FULL. Like, I looked 6 months pregnant full.
But anyways. You guys. It’s not even hard to make healthier pancakes, everyone should be doing it! These guys were so fluffy, so tasty, and those warm banana chunks in every bite!?!? HOLY BISCUITS SO GOOD!!! And if you break down this recipe to the nitty gritty (which isn’t hard to do because it’s made of all-natural whole foods, no chemicals or preservatives here nu-uh hunny), you see that all you’re basically eating here is a little oatmeal, some eggs, and a banana. Add in some collagen to keep your cells happy and top that with some fresh fruit and hemp hearts and you have yourself one satisfying and nutritious breakfast! And it’s disguised as delicious pancakes. What could be better?
Also, a fun little tip for you guys, you can make a ton of these babies and freeze them, then whenever you feel like some pancakes you can pop some in the toaster and BOOM instant healthy pancakes.
So get going! In just a couple of minutes you could be eating pancakes! What are you waiting for!?
Fluffy Low Carb Collagen Banana Pancakes
- ½ cup gluten-free oat flour
- 1 scoop collagen peptides
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp cinnamon
- pinch of sea salt
- 1 large banana
- 2 large organic free-range eggs
- ½ cup fresh raspberries (or your fresh fruit of choice)
- ½ – 1 Tbsp hemp hearts
- Maple syrup to drizzle on top
- Pre-heat a non-stick skillet or griddle on medium-low heat.
- Add all dry ingredients (oat flour, collagen peptides, baking powder, cinnamon, salt) to a blender and pulse until well combined.
- Add the banana and eggs and blend until just combined. I like to just pulse the batter so there’s still chunks of banana at the end.
- Pour about ¼ cup of the batter onto the skillet or griddle and repeat until all the batter is used.
- Once the tops of your pancakes begin to be covered in bubbles, flip them over and cook for another 1-2 minutes until they are thoroughly cooked.
- Remove to a plate and top with your raspberries, hemp hearts, and maple syrup. Enjoy!