Okay so you guys I’ve really outdone myself here. Like, this might be the best thing I’ve ever made. It’s so good that my boyfriend and I had one of these bowls three times each within 24 hours.
And it all started with a failed cookie recipe! Who woulda thunk.
I was attempting to re-create a coconut dark chocolate cookie recipe using no dairy, gluten, or refined sugar and in doing so I ended up creating a giant mega cookie that just crumbled apart as soon as you tried to pick it up. BUT, it still tasted magnificent so obviously I wasn’t just gonna throw it away. No no no no no never would I throw it away. Obviously I was gonna use it as a topping because I am the Toppings Queen!!!! So now I just had to figure out what to put it on top of….
THEN I remembered I had brought back a bunch of Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa from the States last time i was visiting my parents so duhhhhh dark chocolate cookie crumble healthified Blizzard time!!!!! And while this is so SO much like exponentially in a whole nother universe healthier than a normal Dairy Queen Blizzard, I’d say it tastes just as good if not BETTER (dare I say it, and I did). Aaaaaand it’s dairy, gluten, and refined sugar free. AND it’s made using real food, aka not full of chemicals and preservatives. So what is it made of exactly? Do you have any frozen bananas, coconut milk, and dark cocoa lying around? Oh good, then you’ve basically got the majority of stuff ya need here minus a few flavors here and there.
EASY AS PIE.
So instead of being lazy and driving through Dairy Queen for a blizzard that’ll set you back about 2389702938409234 calories, grab a blender and your fave cookies, crumble em up, and devour that delicious bowl of amazingness.
Healthier Dark Chocolate Cookie Crumble Blizzard
- 1 large or 2 small frozen bananas
- 4 ice cubes
- ¼ tsp vanilla extract
- A drizzle of raw honey
- 1 Tbsp of Hershey’s Special Dark Cocoa Powder
- ¼ cup Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- Your favorite cookie(s) crumbled up (I use a dairy and gluten free coconut oat cookie which I will post the recipe to once it’s perfected)
- Optional peanut butter drizzle
- Add all ingredients except for the cookie crumbles and peanut butter to a high-powered blender and blend until smooth, thick, and creamy. You may need to add a little additional milk to get things fully blended.
- Pour everything into a bowl and top with the cookie crumbles and peanut butter drizzle. Enjoy!