Oooooooh baby I love your waayyyyy.
And that’s all I got. But I’m not kidding, these oats? OOOH BABY do I love their way! I just cannot get enough. Ever.
Are you a fellow oat lover too? (I’m assuming yes by the fact that you’re reading this post about oats). Oh goodie, we’re all on the same page here (literally). What could be better than a sweet, creamy, warm bowl of ooey-gooey oats to fill you up and keep you going on your longest of days? Okay, so maybe like a puppy BUT BASICALLY NOTHING. You can’t beat a puppy, like come on people.
And these oats come together in literally a snap of the fingers! Do you have 5 minutes? Then you’ve got time to make these. We all know oats are a fantastic way to start the day because they are high in carbs, iron, fiber, and protein (and more) and they are a slow burning energy source so that energy lasts all day and you feel fuller longer BUUUUTTTT pair those oats with coconut and they turn into….
Boom. On top of all the fantastic benefits of oats on their own, the addition of coconut to the party adds powerful amino acids and protein, more iron and fiber, and a bunch of folate and potassium! Your digestive system is going to be flying high after this, I promise you.
So what are you waiting for?! You’re five minutes away from total body euphoria!! Get going!!!!
5-Minute Creamy Coconut Strawberry Oats
- 1 cup water
- ½ cup gluten-free rolled oats
- ½ tsp coconut extract
- 1-2 Tbsp Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- ½ Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp plus a little extra unsweetened shredded coconut
- 3 chopped organic strawberries
- Bring 1 cup of water to a boil in a small pot.
- Add the oats to the boiling water, reduce heat to medium, and cook while stirring occasionally until the oats have absorbed the water and are fully cooked and creamy.
- Remove oats to a bowl and stir in the coconut extract, coconut milk (to your desired consistency), maple syrup, and 1 Tbsp shredded coconut.
- Top with your strawberries and remaining shredded coconut. Enjoy!