Have you ever gone to the grocery store on the hunt for ground turkey and then got home only to realize you messed up and got ground chicken on accident? Just me? Well TBH I do it all the freakin’ time so I’ve decided to just embrace my lack of attentiveness by channeling it into tasty ground chicken dishes.
Aaaaaand this is one of my faves. Ground chicken meatballs are super underrated. I feel like nobody ever really talks about ground chicken meatballs, it’s always ground beef or ground turkey. But ground chicken meatballs are SO good so I’m starting a ground chicken meatball bandwagon.
Anyways, this bowl is perfect for lunch, dinner, or even a snack, and it’s a meal prepper’s heaven (if you’re into that, which you should be if you’re not) because you can literally make a whole bunch of everything in advance and then heat it up whenever you have a craving for a delicious, nutritious meal. Also, talk about the perfect meal to pack for lunch at work! SO GREAT.
And besides being scrumptidlyumptious, this bowl is POWERFUL. You’ve got your protein, vitamins, minerals, fiber, healthy fats, anti-cancer properties, andddd gut health promotion! So give it a try next time you accidentally buy ground chicken by mistake. Or even if you buy it on purpose. You’ll thank me later. Enjoy, my peep!
Ground Chicken Meatball Veggie Bowl
- ¼ pound lean free range organic ground chicken
- ½ tsp minced garlic
- 2 tbsp diced yellow onion
- 1 Tbsp chickpea flour
- pinch of salt
- ½ tbsp virgin organic coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet potato cut into chunks
- 1 carrot, sliced
- ¼ cup cremini mushrooms, sliced
- 1 cup chopped kale
- salt and pepper
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 2 tsp Frank’s Red Hot Sauce
- Pre-heat your oven to 400 degrees F.
- In a bowl, combine the ground chicken, minced garlic, yellow onion, chickpea flour, and pinch of salt. Mix to combine.
- Form balls about 1 inch in diameter and place on a lined baking sheet.
- Put in the oven and bake for about 15-20 minutes (until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, toss the sweet potato chunks and carrot slices in half of the coconut oil, salt, and pepper. Transfer them to a lined baking sheet and place in the oven for about 15-20 minutes (until fork tender).
- While everything’s cooking in the oven, heat the remaining half of the coconut oil over medium heat in a pan. Once it’s hot, add the mushrooms and stir occasionally until they are tender.
- Mix together the maple syrup and hot sauce.
- Place kale in a bowl and top with the mushrooms, sweet potatoes, carrots, meatballs, and sauce. Enjoy!