Ever since I was a wee little babe I have been completely obsessed with maple flavored everything. More specifically maple flavored donuts, but those are now a thing of the past since they’re probably one of the worst things you could put into your body (sigh). So now I have found found new outlets in which to exercise my maple sweet tooth in healthier ways, and one way that I’ve found is pretty common is a maple flavored protein bar!
I’m absolutely lovin’ this Maple Pecan Protein Bar by the lovely Spin and Spice so I though I’d share it with y’all on this lovely day. It’s so simple to make with just 6 ingredients (plus water), it’s DE-LISH, and it takes basically no time at all so I don’t know why we aren’t all making our own protein bars that are: 1. healthier 2. less processed and 3. SO MUCH CHEAPER. The link to the original recipe by Spin and Spice can be found here and the recipe with my modifications is below. Enjoy, my peeps!
Maple Pecan Protein Bars by Spin and Spice
- 8 Pitted dates (I used Medjool dates)
- 2.5 servings MRM Natural Vanilla Whey Protein Powder (I used 2 scoops Vega Vanilla Protein and Greens to make the recipe dairy free)
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 Tbsp water
- 1 ¼ tsp Maple flavoring (I only ended up using about a teaspoon)
- ¼ cup chopped pecans
- Add all ingredients except for the pecans to a food processor or high-powered blender and blend until a dough forms. If things are looking too dry, add a little extra water until a dough forms.
- Add the chopped pecans and pulse to combine with the dough.
- Remove the dough and press it into a wax paper lined Tupperware, baking sheet, or whatever you have on hand.
- Cut into 4-6 bars (depending how big you like your bars, I cut mine into 6 but Kendra originally cuts them into 4) and enjoy!