Ahhh breakfast, my favorite thing to post about. Honestly, it’s a struggle for me to even post anything else because I have to force myself to eat anything other than breakfast food for all other meals. And today, I thought I’d share with you guys my ultimate go-to favorite breakfast.
Since I typically eat breakfast at noon on the weekdays because of my intermittent fasting, sometimes I get up to something beforehand and then by the time I realize it’s noon and I’m starving I don’t have much time to make something elaborate. So I always end up making some sort of variation of this breakfast right here.
And there are so many great things I could say about this breakfast. It takes all of 10 minutes (if that) to make, it’s colorful, it’s tasty, and it’s got your fruit, veggies, protein, and healthy fats in it! Andddddddddd, if you’re looking to complete the perfectly balanced breakfast (if you eat grains, that is) you could add in a piece of toast to finish it off! I generally steer clear from toast, though, because it makes me achy. It’s always good to pair your fruits with a healthy fat too because the healthy fats help stabilize your blood sugar which could potentially spike from the sugar of the berries. This also helps to provide a slow release of energy throughout the day!
So next time you’re in a rush for breakfast (or just want a delicious meal), give this simple but amazing brekkie a shot! You won’t be disappointed. Trust me, you’ll be hooked.
The Best Quick and Easy Balanced Breakfast
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil, divided in half
- 2 large free range organic eggs
- 1 cup of chopped kale
- ½ cup of your favorite berries (I love raspberries)
- ½ ripe avocado
- Heat a pan over medium heat and add half a tablespoon of your coconut oil to it.
- Once the coconut oil has melted, add your chopped kale and stir it all around so it gets coated in the oil. Keep cooking and stirring occasionally for about 2-3 minutes, or until your kale has wilted a bit and is softer. Remove to your plate.
- Add the other half of your coconut oil to the pan and allow it to get hot. Then, crack your eggs into the pan and scramble them immediately. I like to continuously stir my eggs as I cook them as I find it gives them a nice, fluffy texture! Once your eggs are no longer runny, remove them to your plate as well.
- Add the berries and half an avocado to your plate and enjoy!