Well, this concoction came about from having a ton of leftover veggies and very little time, and let me tell you I am SO THANKFUL I threw this random combination of things together!!!! Like, this was definitely one of the best things I’ve done in my little life so far.
This little bowl of goodness has just about everything you need in the form of vitamins, minerals, antioxidants, fiber, carbs, healthy fats and protein so basically you could eat this for every meal and your body would be happy as Dory when she found her parents. BUT I haven’t even gotten to the best part yet people!!!!!!
Drum rollllllll pleaseeeeeee…
I’m a huge fan of peanut sauce and an even huge-er fan of yellow curry sauce, so I thought to myself, “why not combine the two?” Best. Idea. Ever. I 100% got lost in the sauce.
But anyways, YOU GUYS, this bowl is so good for you and so easy to make you just HAVE to incorporate it into your weekly lunch/dinner menu! You could even meal prep for it and have it ready in about 60 seconds for days when you just have no time but still want to put something good in your body. So what are you waiting for?! Get that tasty bowl of nutrients into your body!!!! Right now!!!
Roasted Chicken and Veggie Bowl With Peanut Yellow Curry Dressing
- 1 cup mixed greens (kale, spinach, arugula, whatever you like really)
- ½ cup cooked chicken breast, diced
- 1 Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- ¼ cup sweet potato, cut into chunks
- ½ zucchini, cut into chunks
- 5 asparagus spears cut into 1-inch pieces
- half of a red pepper, sliced
- ½ tsp salt
- ½ tsp garlic powder
- ½ tsp yellow curry powder
- half an avocado
- ¼ cup unsweetened coconut milk
- 1 Tbsp peanut butter
- 1 ½ Tbsp Healthy Boy Yellow Curry Sauce (or any yellow curry sauce you have)
- Heat up the coconut oil in a large pan over medium-high heat. Once hot, add the sweet potato and cook for about 2 minutes while stirring occasionally.
- Add in the zucchini, asparagus spears, red pepper, and the spices (salt, garlic powder, and yellow curry powder) and continue to cook while stirring occasional for about 5-7 minutes, or until everything is tender.
- Meanwhile, in a small saucepan combine the coconut milk, peanut butter, and curry sauce. Turn the heat on low and stir occasionally until warm and everything is combined.
- In your salad bowl, put your mixed greens on the bottom and then top with the chicken, your roasted veggies, avocado, and peanut curry sauce. Enjoy!