Okay guys, I know you all know Mother’s Day is tomorrow and I know you’re all totally on top of things and already have the best day lined up for all those beautiful, amazing, wonderful mommas out there. BUUUUUTTTTT, just in case you don’t have anything prepared, I’ve gotcha covered.
So all the moms out there deserve the world, right? Without our precious momma bears, we would not be here today so they deserve to be pampered and spoiled all day long this Mother’s Day (and every day tbh because they da bomb and they just deserve it). SO what could be more perfect for spoiling mom than combining two of the greatest foods of all time and bringing it to her in bed? Nothing. Nothing could be a better start to her day I’ll letcha know right now.
So yeah, in case you haven’t gotten the hint by now from the title of this post, YES I have done it. I combined pancakes and pizza. And oh baby, what a combo. Seriously, it’s a breakfast pizza people! All your favorite toppings loaded onto a giant warm, fluffy, protein-packed pancake and sliced up into perfect little portions ready to dip in syrup (if you’d like) and share with the whole fam.
And this isn’t your average pancake, either. It’s a super pancake. Your average pancakes are full of processed white flour, sugar, milk, and who knows what else to try to entice you to eat them (which I get it, they’re so tasty), but this guy is just as tasty (IF NOT TASTIER) as those average garbage-filled pancakes and IS GOOD FOR YOU!!! Duh. Gotta get those nutrients for you and momma so she can live a long healthy life too!
I’m talking oats, eggs, cinnamon, coconut oil, and collagen peptides. So what does that mean for you? Fiber, protein, anti-inflammatory properties, healthy fats, and skin health (and more, more, more)! All that from a pancake! And we haven’t even gotten to the toppings yet. Is this even real life? Yes. Yes it is.
So take all that yummy nutritious goodness and load it up with your favorite toppings (might I recommend peanut butter, bananas, and some bluebs *drool*) and bring it to yo momma! Easy as (pizza) pie. Enjoy, and happy mother’s day to all you wonderful momma bears out there! You da real MVPs!
PS I just wanted to give a special shoutout to my very own momma bear Cath for being the best, most wonderful, amazing, caring, kind, giving human being alive. Seriously, (cuz I know you’re reading this right now) I don’t know how you do it. Thanks for teaching me everything I know, I wouldn’t be making any of this delicious food without you!
Protein Pancake Pizza
- 2 organic free-range eggs
- ¼ cup Silk Unsweetened Original Cashew Milk
- 1 Tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ cup oat flour
- 1 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 Tbsp Collagen Peptides
- ½ tsp baking powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- a dash of cinnamon
- Toppings!! I used: natural peanut butter, natural raspberry jam, fresh strawberries, bananas, blueberries, pears, and raspberries, chia seeds, maple syrup, unsweetened shredded coconut, lactose-free vanilla yogurt, peanuts, and dark chocolate chips.
- Heat a large skillet or non-stick pan over medium heat. If using a skillet, I would melt a little coconut oil in the pan to keep your pancake from sticking when you pour it in.
- Combine all ingredients (besides toppings) in a blender and blend until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Pour into your pan and allow to cook until it’s bubbly and firm around the edges (about 1-2 minutes) and then flip and cook for the same amount of time on the other side.
- Remove to a plate and allow to cool for about 5 minutes before topping. Since I wanted to make each slice with a different topping, I sliced mine first and then topped, however if you’re going to make the whole pancake pizza with the same toppings I would recommend topping it and then slicing. Enjoy!