Gluten and Refined Sugar Free Double Chocolate Chunk Macadamia Nut Cookies
- ¼ cup cashew butter
- 1 Tbsp melted virgin coconut oil
- 3 Tbsp raw honey
- 1 egg
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- 3 ½ Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 heaping Tbsp cocoa powder
- ¼ tsp salt
- ¼ tsp baking soda
- ¼ cup dark chocolate chunks
- ¼ cup macadamia nuts
- Sea salt to sprinkle on top
- Pre-heat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Add cashew butter, coconut oil, and honey to a food processor and blend until thoroughly combined, scraping down the sides if needed.
- Add the egg and vanilla and again blend until thoroughly combined.
- Add the coconut flour, cocoa powder, salt, and baking soda and blend until thoroughly combined. Allow it to sit for a couple minutes while the coconut flour absorbs moisture and thickens the batter.
- Fold in most of the chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts.
- Line a baking sheet with parchment paper and scoop your cookie dough onto the sheet with at least an inch of space around each cookie.
- Place the remaining chocolate chunks and macadamia nuts onto each cookie and sprinkle with sea salt.
- Bake for about 8-11 minutes, until the cookies look firm (they will seem doughy at first but will firm up as they sit). Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 5 minutes. Enjoy!