Easter may be coming to an end, but it’s not too late for an Easter dessert! Or if you’re not feeling it tonight, you can do yourself a favor and skip discount chocolate day tomorrow and make these guys instead. We all know and love the Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs, but we don’t love all the sugar and who even knows what else they have in them. Really guys, read the ingredients of all the food you consume and you’ll be blown away with all the chemicals and non-recognizable ingredients that go into food these days. It really is a shame what passes the test. But with these treats, you don’t have to worry about any of that because there are just 7 ingredients and they’re all natural. No preservatives, no refined sugar, no gluten, no garbage going into your body. And they only take 15 minutes to make. So go ahead, you deserve to treat yourself!
Healthified Dark Chocolate Reese’s Peanut Butter Eggs
- ½ cup Peanut Butter
- 1+1 Tbsp coconut oil
- 2 Tbsp raw honey
- ½ tsp vanilla extract
- ½ tsp salt
- pinch of cinnamon
- 4 Tbsp coconut flour
- 1 dark chocolate bar
- Sea salt to top (optional)
- Combine all ingredients except for 1 tablespoon of coconut oil, the dark chocolate bar, and the optional sea salt in a food processor and blend until combined.
- On a parchment paper-lined baking sheet, scoop out appx. ½ tablespoon sized balls of the peanut butter mixture and form them into an egg shape.
- Place in the freezer.
- While the eggs are in the freezer, bring a pot of about ½ cup water to a boil and place a glass bowl over the top of it. Put your dark chocolate bar and remaining 1 tablespoon of coconut oil into the bowl and stir while it melts.
- Once the chocolate is fully melted, remove your eggs from the freezer and dip each one in the chocolate until it’s fully coated, allow the excess to drip off, and then place the egg back on the parchment paper. Sprinkle a little sea salt on top if you desire.
- Place the eggs back in the freezer until the chocolate is completely cooled. Enjoy!