What do you do when you plant basil and it decides to take over your entire herb garden?
Make pesto, duh.
I love making pesto because literally it comes together in 30 seconds, it’s delicious, AND your can make extra and use it on some kick-ass sandwiches another day. And let me tell you, I made double the amount of pesto and we’ve been eating it on everything for the past three days because it’s SO FREAKIN’ GOOD.
Plusssss, I don’t even feel guilty about the gnocchi because it’s made with with rice flour which completely works out with my whole “not eating wheat” thing. Score!
But anyways, let’s get back to basil. BASIL. It smells good. It grows like a weed. It’s nice to look at. It tastes bomb. AND IT’S SO GOOD FOR YO BODYYYYYY!!!! Listen to this. You eat basil, you get all these healthy benefits:
- Decreased inflammation
- Powerful antioxidants
- Reduced pain
- Help fighting diabetes
- Improved liver function
- Stress relief
- Immunity boost
Then, your body rejoices. And yeah, that’s just basil. Add some chicken and cashews and nutritional yeast and rice flour gnocchi and you’ve got yourself a gosh darn complete healthy meal. So get going!!! Don’t deprive your taste buds of this heavenly meal any longer!
Rice Flour Gnocchi with Dairy Free Basil Cashew Pesto and Chicken Thighs
- Gnocchi and Pesto
- Rice Flour Gnocchi (or any gluten free gnocchi)
- 1 cup raw cashews
- ¾ cup fresh basil
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 cloves garlic
- 3 Tbsp nutritional yeast
- Juice of 1 lemon
- 1 Tbsp tahini
- Salt and pepper to taste Chicken Thighs
- 8 free range chicken thighs
- Lemon and herb seasoning
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Pre-heat the oven to 400 degrees F.
- Place your chicken thighs in a baking dish and season to your liking. Cook them in the oven for 30-40 minutes (until the internal temperature reaches 165 degrees F).
- Meanwhile, bring a large pot of salted water to a boil.
- While you’re waiting for the water to boil, place the raw cashews, basil, olive oil, garlic, nutritional yeast, lemon juice, tahini, salt, and pepper in a food processor and process until the desired consistency has been reached and everything is thoroughly combined. Set aside.
- Once the water has reached a boil, add your gnocchi and cook for about 2 minutes once the gnocchi re-surface. Drain and return to the pot.
- Add your pesto to the gnocchi and stir to combine.
- Once the chicken is done cooking, plate everything and serve with your favorite salad! Enjoy!