More like Best-fast, amirighttttt? Ba-dum-chhh.
Okay that was bad. Sorry, I’m just so hungry. So I’m going to make this post short and sweet so we can all get right down to the eating.
Breakfast is my favorite meal of the day and sometimes I just need a scramble with alllll the veggies. So I’ve come up with this little bowl of goodness for when I’m craving a nice healthy, filling, warm bowl of eggs and veg that I can mash together and devour. Packed with protein, nutrients, vitamins, healthy fats, fiber, and so much more, you can bet your bottom that this bowl will kick-start your day in the best, most drool-inducing way possible! So cook up your favorite veggies, throw ’em in a bowl with some eggs, and boom: breakfast bowl of champions.
Scrambled Breakfast Bowl of Champions
- 2 free-range organic eggs
- ½ + ½ Tbsp virgin coconut oil
- 2 leaves of kale, stems removed and chopped
- 2 pieces of asparagus, chopped into 1-inch pieces
- ½ orange bell pepper, sliced
- 1 small sweet potato
- ½ Tbsp Manitoba Harvest hemp hearts
- Salt and pepper to taste
- In a small saucepan, bring water to a boil.
- Place your sweet potato in and boil for about 10 minutes, until tender when poked with a fork.
- Drain sweet potato and set aside to cool.
- While the sweet potato is boiling, heat ½ Tbsp coconut oil in a pan over medium heat. Once hot, sauté the kale for about 2 minutes, until wilted and slightly crisp. Remove to your bowl.
- In the same pan, place your asparagus pieces and bell pepper and cook until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Meanwhile, heat a separate pan over medium-low heat and place your other ½ Tbsp coconut oil in. Crack your eggs into a bowl and whisk together with a fork. Pour the eggs into the now warmed pan and stir frequently until the eggs are fully cooked.
- Peel your sweet potato and mash it, setting 1/3 cup aside for your bowl and putting the rest in a Tupperware.
- Put everything into your bowl on top of the kale and top with your hemp hearts, salt, and pepper. Enjoy!