This started off with a spur-of-the-moment, it’s international women’s day and you’re a kick-butt woman who deserves to TREAT HERSELF craving. I was feeling accomplished, had a job interview, went for a nice long run, and got everything I wanted to do accomplished that day so i was like “mmhmmm, peanut butter and dark chocolate time.”
You’ve probably noticed that’s one of my favorite combos because I make it ALL THE TIME, but who doesn’t? It’s freakin’ TASTY. So I threw a bunch of stuff I like in a blender and magic came out. I wasn’t expecting it to be such a hit (although I should have because it was so delicious the world deserved to know about it), but due to popular demand I have re-created my magic from the other night (I actually measured ingredients this time for you guys) and will now share the recipe.
One of my favorite things about this recipe is while it tastes unbelievable, I don’t feel guilty eating it like I would with most desserts. It’s all natural, refined sugar free, gluten-free, plant-based, and dairy-free. What could be better? No tummy troubles, no “okay, gotta work out extra hard tomorrow” regret, just happiness. And everyone deserves happiness. So start your engines, ladies and gents, and when I say engines I mean blenders, because you’re about to TREAT YOSELF! WOOOOOOO!
Peanut Butter Banana Dark Chocolate Chip Nice Cream
- 2 frozen bananas
- 1 spoonful of your favorite all-natural peanut butter (I used Adam’s) OR you can use 1-2 Tbsp PB2 powder, but your flavor will be less rich
- ¼ cup Silk Unsweetened Cashew Milk (you could also use Almond or Coconut milk)
- ½ Tbsp honey (you can skip this if you don’t like things as sweet as I do)
- A few drops of vanilla extract
- 1-2 Tbsp dark chocolate chips
- Extra peanut butter, fresh banana slices, and dark chocolate chips for toppings
- Place the frozen bananas, peanut butter (or PB2), cashew milk (or other non-dairy milk), honey, and vanilla in a high-powered blender. Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Stir in your dark chocolate chips and then top with extra peanut butter, fresh banana, and more dark chocolate chips. Enjoy!