I feel like although I now live in Canada, my body is stuck in Arizona still because I CONSTANTLY crave ice cream. It could be practically Antarctica outside (which it is basically everyday) and still there my tasters are craving a big ole bowl of that good stuff. They say nothing warms you up like eating a bowl of frozen cream and sugar, right?
Yet here I am, in the middle of frigid February, posting about ice cream. Or, nice cream in this case, which is far superior to regular old cream and sugar. Don’t get me wrong, old fashioned ice cream tastes out of this world, but afterwards I always feel so bloated, gassy, guilty, and just downright sick. So not worth it.
So I’ve come up with a solution!
Ba-buh-duh-bahhhh…… Introducing coconut nice cream!
“And the crowd goes wild!!!” Said the imaginary announcer inside of our heads.
Not only is this dairy free, but also refined sugar free (and gluten free) so no more sick tummies! Have your dessert and don’t feel any of the guilt that goes along with consuming your stereotypical junk food. What could be better than that? Well, the taste is better than that so I guess there is one thing better. Ohhhhh baby I could eat a gallon of this stuff straight and still be hungry for more.
Fun fact: the first night I made this, my boyfriend actually legitimately licked his bowl clean.
AND on top of all that good stuff, you’re getting all the benefits that go with the consumption of coconut products and raspberries (since that’s basically the entirety of this recipe). I’m talking improved immune systems, slow-burning energy, anti-aging qualities due to the hindrance of free radical activity, hydration, improved digestion, and anti-inflammatory qualities due to the loads of antioxidants! So if you still had even the tiniest bit of guilt about this “dessert,” kiss it bu-bye right now because this stuff is GOOD.
And oh by the way, did you notice the combination of flavors we’ve got going on here?
Raspberry + Coconut + Dark Chocolate = Heaven in a bite
Seriously, tell me you’re not salivating uncontrollably after reading those words together. I sure am. So next time you’re craving a bowl of ice cream (even if it’s freezing outside), turn off the guilt switch, grab out your handy-dandy blender, and give this nice cream a whirl! MMMM, yeah, I’m going to go make some right now too. Until next time, my loves.
Raspberry Coconut Nice Cream with Date-Sweetened Dark Chocolate Syrup
- Raspberry Coconut Nice Cream
- 1 cup Silk Unsweetened Coconut Milk
- 1 can coconut cream
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- ¼ cup maple syrup
- 1½ cups frozen raspberries
- Fresh raspberries for topping Date-Sweetened Dark Chocolate Syrup
- 1 ½ cups Silk Unsweetened Original Cashew Milk
- ½ cup dark cocoa powder
- 1 cup pitted Natural Delight dates
- 1 cup dark chocolate chips
- 1 tsp vanilla extract
- Shake your can of coconut cream to make sure everything’s combined. Pour all the coconut cream into an ice cube tray and freeze.
- Once your cubes are frozen, remove them and place in a high-powered blender (my Vitamix works AMAZING for making ice cream) along with the rest of the ingredients for the nice cream besides your fresh raspberries.
- Blend until smooth and creamy.
- Place in the freezer to set while you make your chocolate syrup.
- Put all ingredients for the Date-Sweetened Dark Chocolate Syrup in a high-powered blender and blend for at least 3 minutes until your chocolate syrup is smooth and warm.
- Top your Raspberry Coconut Nice Cream with Chocolate Syrup and fresh raspberries. Enjoy!