Has anyone noticed my crazy obsession with alliteration yet? Pitaya Protein Power balls, oh my how the P’s please me. Hehe see what i did there? Okay yeah so I have a problem.
As I was laboring through a fasted leg day today at the gym, the only thing getting me through it was knowing i had these pretty pink treats waiting for me to devour at the finish line. Smooth and sweet on the inside with a nice subtle crunch from the hemp hearts, these babies have it all.
Loaded with protein, omega-3’s, healthy fats, vitamins, and antioxidants, you will be armed with everything you need for a speedy workout recovery! It’s important to consume plenty of protein after a workout so 1. your body doesn’t consume its own muscle tissue for energy and 2. your body engages in protein synthesis, which is key for muscle growth and a healthy recovery. Without a doubt Vega Vanilla Protein and Greens is my all time FAVE go-to protein powder. It’s plant based and tastes amazing in everything.
Okay, so now that you know about these little beauties, the best thing to do is make like 100 so you can chow down on them after your next workout like I’m doing at this very moment. Yuuuuummmmmmmmmmm.
Pitaya Protein Power Balls
- ½ cup unsweetened shredded coconut flakes
- ¼ cup + 1 Tbsp gluten-free rolled oats
- ¼ cup raw unsalted cashews
- 3 Tbsp liquid coconut oil
- 1 Tbsp maple syrup
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder (vega)
- ½ Tbsp Hybrid Herbs freeze dried pitaya powder
- Hemp hearts to roll the balls in
- Place the shredded coconut flakes, rolled oats, and cashews in a food processor and pulse until you have a coarse flour-like consistency.
- Add the Vega Protein powder and Hybrid Herbs freeze dried pitaya powder and whisk to combine.
- Add the coconut oil and maple syrup and mix until everything is thoroughly combined.
- Divide into individual portions about 1-2 tablespoons in size and roll into balls using your hands. Roll the balls in hemp hearts and place in the fridge for at least 30 minutes to solidify completely. Enjoy!