Did you know drinking matcha can actually improve your stress and anxiety levels?! Yeah, go figure. Matcha contains an amino acid called theanine which has been shown to reduce anxiety and calm the body. Amazing. I KNOW. And there are sooo so so many more health benefits to gain from it too which I talked about in my St. Patrick’s day Matcha pancakes post (which you should definitely try because they’re my new fave) so I won’t repeat myself here, but if you haven’t read about them you should definitely check it out!
So I’m usually more of a coffee drinker than a tea drinker, but lately I’ve been trying not to drink as much coffee to see if I notice any positive impacts that come from cutting down on it (mainly to my gut). But anyways, I had heard of matcha before and knew of its trendiness so I decided to give it a go.
Instant happiness. That’s all I have to say.
Oh. My. Gosh. SO freakin’ tasty!!! It literally got to a point where I would be excited for my day to end so I could go to sleep and start a new day just so I could try a new matcha drink. I’m still that excited about it, too, which is awesome because I find I get tired of having certain things everyday. But persimmons and matcha apparently I could have every day for the rest of my life and have zero complaints.
Another thing I enjoy about it? It’s pretttyyyyy. Hehe I just love the subtle green color. And you do eat with your eyes, after all, so the fact that it’s nice to look at just adds to the endless qualities I love about matcha.
OKAY. So this is a drink people, how much longer could I ramble on about it? (Trick question, I could ramble forever. But I won’t for your sake). Go get yourself some matcha powder already and join in on all this deliciousness!
Coconut Collagen Matcha Latte
- In a small sauce pan, heat your cashew milk over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until it reaches your desired drinking temperature.
- Meanwhile, in a small bowl or the mug you’ll be using, combine the matcha powder and hot water and stir until the matcha is completely dissolved.
- Once your milk has reached your desired temperature, add it to a blender. Then, add your matcha/water mixture and the remaining ingredients.
- Pulse a couple of times until it becomes nice and foamy.
- Pour into a mug and enjoy!